Wednesday, September 30, 2020

INDOMITABLE SPIRIT

I may not go down in memory,
as a person - 'so good and all'
You may smear me in the dirt,
But I have the spine to take the fall.

You have your bitter twisted lies,
that made the white turn grey.
Your hidden sins like hyena's cries,
will bring into fold those astray.

You may beat me and put me down,
But I will never be beneath your feet.
My indomitable spirit is my crown,
me and my conscience - a kingly treat!

Those who punched, wanted me broken,
may know with certainty and surprise.
Like the sun and tides as a token,
I may fall and crawl but I will surely rise!

You packed a punch, broke my jaw,
made blood splatter over my face.
My smile - threw you in shock and awe,
I fell on my knees but not from grace.

You may bleed me with your words,
and try to pierce me with your eyes.
You may stab me like the cowards,
clinging to my conscience - I will surely rise!

I feel sorry for those tired by now,
in each step those that maligned me.
They are pondering with a crooked brow,
as to how I am still standing free!

Your pretense and scorn will burn your soul,
while like molten gold I will shine.
I am no further from my goal,
While you plot, hate and gloomily whine!


Prasenjit©1997-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment