Friday, January 29, 2021

THE HIGHWAYMAN

The water flows like endless time
on which life sails on like a boat.
Every chime I hear is worth a dime,
I follow my heart so not to gloat.
In life there are things I couldn't
and many things that now I can.
I have a house but no home,
so they call me The Highwayman.

I've seen the moon in eclipse shine
while the glowing sun was getting dark.
Down I was, I never learnt to whine
destined to move on, never to park.
In life, there are places I didn't roam
and faced perils; I never ever ran.
I need no roof, never had a home,
by turn of fate, I was The Highwayman.

I've heard the eerie silence of the crowd
and the deafening roar of a lonely clan.
Rumour is - I made my enemies proud,
while I toiled to foil their devious plan. 
I want to see the cloudy and starry skies,
while they try to stop me, forever ban.
True as a kite, against the wind flies
and bowed, they behold The Highwayman.



Prasenjit©1997-2021


No comments:

Post a Comment