Monday, February 8, 2021

MY MOTHER'S CLOSET

The closet that was long closed
nearly a decade to say so,
with parting of doors - it posed
with all her memories as I know.

Her handbags, her attire - neatly kept
after her departing from worldly ties.
The fragrance of her presence - I wept
reminded me how I believed in lies.

I opened her handbag to see
some memories and coins of the past.
Her 'being' that was around me
proved to be worthier at last.

Sadly, the memories linger on
in those who are still here to stay.
The bond of a mother and her son
is something one cannot weigh.

Her blanket with velvet frill
reminds me of the winter cold.
The warmth of the hug and thrill
and how I felt, remains untold.

Struggles, care, memories and tears
all locked up like a bounty so rare.
The highs and lows, the fights and fears
the peace I miss, one cannot compare.

 


Prasenjit©1997-2021







No comments:

Post a Comment