Friday, March 11, 2022

STRENGTH

A mighty storm came one night
and the Banyan did put up a fight.
Broke some branches, tore the bark.
The Banyan fought against the dark.
The tree simply stuck to its ground
while others fell with creaking sound.

The raging storm asked the tree,
'How are you confident and free?'
The Banyan with humility said,
'You did as Nature to you bade'.
You try to break, you try to bend
while I know now is not my end.
You made me sway, you can try.
You can make the earth run dry.

I have in me - something grand,
I feel it now in my every strand.
You pounce on me and you hit,
I am getting stronger bit by bit.
Know this, if you really must -
I will be the one standing at last.

Try to ravage me if you can,
I will go on fighting like a man.
You still think that I would fall
coz' like others I am not tall!
Hear this - a secret of mine,
I would still be just as fine
coz' I have hold onto ground,
it's where my strength is found.

Prasenjit©2022

No comments:

Post a Comment