Friday, October 28, 2022

AN ATHEIST SPEAKS

A sunny day will surely come
and the gloomy day will pass too.
I can hear my life's ending hum
and I may go away before you do.
Let not your tormenting pain win;
I'm a bloom in memory's garden dear.
Time flies and life has its own spin,
so have no fear and hold your tear.

I do not believe 'The Almighty God',
but I very well know that you do.
So, wait until He gives His nod
and I will be there again with you.
There would be battles to be fought,
which I have unwillingly left halfway.
Go against the waves for that is sought;
there are things in which we have no say.

You would no more see my strides
which we took together in our past.
I would be there in those frothy tides
when like water drops we meet at last.


Prasenjit©2022

No comments:

Post a Comment