Tuesday, April 4, 2023

THE FORTRESS DOOR

I have stood for long, a long time 
and have seen centuries pass me by.
Memories keeps ticking like clock's chime
and I relieve those with a smile and sigh.
I have seen many a war and raging battle -
cannons blazing, swords clashing with shields.
Thunder, storms couldn't make me rattle -
seen martyrs born on the bloodied fields.
Mother blessed their lions off to war -
wives, daughters, sisters did the same.
Echo of undying spirit heard from afar -
while hero fell, glorified was their name.
Unyielding bravery - life after life I did see,
while time couldn't make me rust.
Stuck to a wall, there is pride in me -
though now I am covered with dust.
Elephants, horses took arrows and spears -
wounded though, it did never stop them.
Like their masters, overcame all fears -
now forgotten, but they rose to fame.
I'm adorned in iron and age-old wood -
the hinges like walls always stood tall.
I would be a witness, I know I should -
for centuries of glory, rise or fall. 
I have stood for long and for long I will;
future like the past would pass by me.
Cubs will turn into lions and a void fill;
I was witness to sacrifices and forever be.

Prasenjit©2023

No comments:

Post a Comment