Thursday, March 9, 2023

NATURE AND MAN

I stand on the riverbank and watch
the radiant setting sun's magical touch.
A day that outshone all in bright
to welcome darkness through the night.
Grey to blue those clouds and skies -
fulfills the mind through gifted eyes.
The cool drops from heaven: A surprise
that kisses the warm earth in its guise.
The roaring thunder with clap and beat -
it is unruly Nature's splendid feat.
The lightning blazes like clanking chain -
thus showing off like a lion's Mane.
The wind blows harder to be a breeze,
lashing over ripples and thru' the trees.
Flowers of vines like garlanded wreathes -
silently spreads fragrance as it breathes.
As I see, I feel and I am inclined
to thus question Me and my mind.
'Each creation of nature is an art
and each thus plays its own part.'
"Then why is it that men do jeer,
its own kith and kin or even peer?"
I know not what is in the mind of man -
surely capable for more, they can.
Words like spears dart through air,
not thinking how the man would fare.
Surely this was not in the creator's plan -
A human cud' be greater than just a man.

Prasenjit©2023

No comments:

Post a Comment