Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ODE TO VALENTINE


Oh dear! What a lovely face, enamored by your grace.
Your glance does tell it all, tale of a lover's rise and fall.
Beauty beams from head to toe, tell it all before you go.
Smart the way you walk, enchanting the way you talk.
The feelings of my heart tells you, from me not to part.
Your finger's tender touch, it means to me so much.

Oh dear! That killing smile, captivated me for a while.
The praise for your looks, not a word found in the books.
Your face has a glow, just like the gentle river flow.
Now its my turn, to let the hearts of the selfish burn.
This is not a moment to miss, cherishing your first kiss.
Swear me that you are mine, on this day of Valentine.

Oh Dear! No one does dare to tell me that you are fair.
Your lips for a while do part, it is a great feminine art.
Your eyes cast on me a spell, in a way I cannot tell.
Your arms around does bring, the freshness of spring.
If only I could see, what the near future would be.
When the body dies, I'll see the world with your eyes.

When death does embrace, and snatch me without a trace.
Not a tear or fear, do I expect from your eyes my dear.
Hold me close and fast, when on your lap I breathe my last.

- Prasenjit Das © 97-99



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12 May, 2009

    Fantastic piece .... very good way of urge.

    ReplyDelete