Monday, May 10, 2010

A DREAM JOURNEY


Beyond yonder the forest strip,
where the lush lilies grow.
I hoped one day to plan a trip,
as there is so much more to know.

I met a green bug on the way,
and also passed by a spotted beetle.
Quest like waves on the surface sway,
knowledge unbound to prove my mettle.

Treaded on wet grass to see the new,
till all the pink lilies came into view.
The forest sounded like a merry rhyme,
tick-tock of a clock and its jingling chime.

I saw a robin on an apple tree,
wished me good morning and flew free.
The doves meditating like the sages,
I regret not seeing this beauty in ages.

The bees say - Hello and the lilies smile,
"Come sit by the bank and rest awhile".
Flapping wings saw flamingoes on the high,
like pure pearls in the heavenly blue sky.

The water splashed and I looked around,
emerged a beauty, lovingly profound.
Perplexed, amazed and stunned in awe,
I couldn't believe in what I saw.

I stepped forward and she came closer,
and showered love of endless measure.
The princess gave her hand to me,
her twinkling eyes promised of eternity.

With moon kissed lips and starlit eyes,
I knew the journey was worth the prize.


Prasenjit©1997-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment