Saturday, May 22, 2010

A LIFETIME

At the end of plot, silky and grassy,
sits my dream, my sweetheart lassie.
She throws pebbles on the sleepy lake,
ripples like smile causes it to wake.

She dips her toes in the chill water,
every ripple causes my heart to flutter.
Playful as the netted sunbeam dance,
the clouds stop fleeting all at once.

How to say, of what I feel?
Love aplenty and looks that kill.
On her reflection she shies away,
Oh Lord, it is such a wonderful day.

Swallows chirp and the boughs sway,
"Please stay on" - they earnestly pray.
I am beside her, yet she is mum,
silence broken by the bees that hum.

As I touch, her lips twitch and smile,
as if she expected this all the while.
She gives her hand to plant a kiss,
I lived a lifetime in momentary bliss.

Prasenjit©1997-2010

1 comment: