Friday, May 14, 2010

POETIC QUEST

What is it in you that poets seek?
Melody tone and a glance so meek.
What is it on paper that glides a pen?
Your pleasant smile, every now and then.


Seconds into hours, thus rolls the day,
you always throb in me come what may.
What is the cause to live and desire?
Your love ripples like silky attire.


You are worthy like ideas - old and new,
seen by many and known by a few.
Sometimes a tear trickle down,
born in your heart and end in a frown.


There is sober aura of pink around you,
green love, blue temptation and desire's hue.
There are true shades of black and white,
Give me my heart's colours in this velvet night.


Before dawn and after the dusk,
an envious night has a question to ask.
What do petals whisper and wind say?
"Your presence makes an auspicious day."


What is it to you the oceans say,
when you lick from it a drop away?
Replies the ocean with a thankful smile,
"Oh dear life, I was thirsty all the while!"


I see daytime moon and midnight sun,
butterflies on waves frolicking in fun.
I see things strange, unknown and yet fair,
Know this - "You are the answer to my prayer."




Prasenjit©1997-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment